Saturday, April 29, 2023

WISDOM over wealth

 


2 Chronicles 1:1

King James Version

1 And Solomon the son of David 

was strengthened in his kingdom, 

and the Lord his God was with him, 

and magnified him exceedingly.


How do you know you're praying for the right thing?

Surely you've heard about king Solomon.

I have, since I was a child.

How he asked for something unusual.

Here's what he asked from GOD:

2 Chronicles 1:7-10

King James Version

7 In that night did God appear unto Solomon, 

and said unto him, 

Ask what I shall give thee.

8 And Solomon said unto God, 

Thou hast shewed great mercy unto David my father, 

and hast made me to reign in his stead.

9 Now, O Lord God, 

let thy promise unto David my father be established: 

for thou hast made me king over a people

 like the dust of the earth in multitude.

10 Give me now wisdom and knowledge, 

that I may go out and come in before this people: 

for who can judge this thy people, 

that is so great?


How did GOD respond?

Scripture tells us:

2 Chronicles 1:11-12

King James Version

11 And God said to Solomon, 

Because this was in thine heart, 

and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, 

nor the life of thine enemies, 

neither yet hast asked long life; 

but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, 

that thou mayest judge my people, 

over whom I have made thee king:

12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; 

and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, 

such as none of the kings have had 

that have been before thee, 

neither shall there any after thee have the like.


How about you?

What would you ask GOD?

What would you pray for?

I knew what I prayed for.

And it certainly wasn't about wealth.

I asked to know ULTIMATE truth.

On, and on I hounded GOD about it.

When GOD finally saw my heart was right, He answered.

It was a very, very long wait -- almost all my life.

But I've always been tenacious, and persistent.

GOD knew all that.

It was only when I started addressing my sins, that He finally answered my prayer.

After that, there was no turning back to my old ways.

I'd be shamefaced to do so.

GOD put me on the right track.

In His own, perfect time.

In His own, perfect way.

In His own, perfect love.

After 84 blogs, and counting, I believe my prayers were answered.

I couldn't share my Scripture discoveries fast enough with you.

It's been a wonderful, fulfilling journey with the LORD!

More articles here.


Related material:

MIRACLE in itself

WISDOM above gold


Image: Clipart Library


What's with 2030?

  James 4:13 King James Version 13 Go to now, ye that say,  To day or to morrow  we will go into such a city,  and continue there a year,  a...